Setup API Key on SendGrid
- Go to your SendGrid account and go to API Keys section.
- Add new API Key with, at least,
- Copy generated API Key. Your key should start with
- You have to edit Grafana configuration. Refer to Grafana Configuration documentation on where to find your config file. For Bitnami Grafana distribution you can find it here:
- Look for
[smtp]section and either update existing one or add new one
[smtp] enabled = true host = smtp.sendgrid.net:587 user = apikey password = YOUR_SENDGRID_API_KEY skip_verify = false from_address = firstname.lastname@example.org from_name = Grafana
- Go to Alert notification channels (
- Create new channel with type
- Add email address
- You should receive test notification sent by Grafana through SendGrid SMTP sevice!
enabled = true – by default it’s false and then SMTP is disabled.
smtp.sendgrid.net:587 – you can try different ports but this one is recommended by SendGrid here Integrating with the SMTP API.
user – you have to provide
apikey as user, otherwise you will end up with
550 Unauthenticated senders not allowed.
skip_verify – in other SMTP servers you may have to set this to true, yet for SendGrid it will cause problems as described in Notification channel Email cannot integrate with Sendgrid.
from_adress – looks like you can put anything you want but I would recommend to put verified email address you have in SendGrid – check the Sender Authentication section.